A little over two months ago, I took my 5 year old sister to Disneyland. It was her first time going to Disneyland and we went to celebrate her 5th birthday. I had promised her last year that we would go and she was so anxious for the day to come!
She was so excited to go. She kept telling all her teachers and friends at school that she was going. I took the day off from work and my mom took care of my baby so that my sister and I could spend the day together at Disneyland.
We were able to get on a few rides. The first ride we got on was It’s a Small World. My sister didn’t like that ride because she thought it was boring. Her favorite ride ended up being Thunder Mountain . We got on that ride twice and she wanted to keep getting on it but the line was long. We also got on the Roger Rabbit ride and Haunted mansion.
I took my sisters to meet a few princesses. She was happy! She got to meet Snow White, Ariel, and Elena of Avalon. We didn’t have to wait too long for this. She took pictures with all of them and was very happy when we left.
There were a few food items that we splurged on. For sure my favorite was the hot cheetos and nacho cheese funnel cake! We also got dole whip, which was pineapple and raspberry swirled together, frozen strawberry horchata, and my sister got a chocolate covered pineapple.
Here are some of the pictures we took.
Disneyland can be pricey, starting with the tickets. But here are a few things we did save money at Disneyland:
- Eat breakfast at home. I didn’t see any point in eating at Disneyland when we had food at home.
- Take snacks. We took hummus and pita chips, strawberries, carrots, jello, and yogurt.
- Say no to souvenirs. I offered to buy my sister one but she didn’t want any. Which is good, because pictures are enough for us to remember the fun time we had at Disneyland.
- Eat dinner outside of the park. I took my sister to Mcdonalds and spent less than $10 on food for both of us.
- I didn’t do this, but my mom took sandwiches with her. You can’t take them inside Disneyland, but my mom just left them in a cooler in her car with ice and when it was time for lunch, they left Disneyland to eat.