Although many people consider 2016 to be a horrible year, mainly because of the presidential election, it was a really good year for me. Here are a few good things about 2016 for me.
1. I finally started running. Every year, I would add running on my bucket list. However, I would never actaully start running. Throghout the year, I used the treadmill and occasionally ran. In August, I decided it was finally time to start running outdoors. It was very difficul for me at first. I had a hard time running just one mile. I continued running and by the end of the year, I was able to run 8 miles! I also competed in five 5ks around my community. My times ranged from 27 minutes to 38 minutes.
2. I was a fan of wrestling when I was younger but once I turned 9/10, I stopped watching. Started watching again in November/December 2015. Last year I was able to go to not one, but three WWE events at the Staples Center. Two were Monday Night Raw events and one was a WWE live event. It was cool seeing my favorites in person. I got to see Roman Reigns, The New Day, Charlotte, and others. This year I want to see more shows and I’m even going to Wrestlemania in Orlando, Florida!
3. I finally started working out more frequently. My mom signed up the whole family for the gym in January 2016. I started going at least 3 times a week. My fitness level has improved so much in just one year. From September to December, I took a fitness class at my gym. It was tough! A lot of cardio and weight lifting, but it was worth it. Once school is over, I will take the class again.
4. Spent the day with one of my best friends watching tennis at Indian Wells. It was my 4th year in a row going with her, her bf, and her brother. We are going again this year, can’t wait!
5. Got my first car! I got my license back in 2015, but it wasn’t until 2016 (July 31 to be exact) that I finally was able to buy my own car. I love it. Not having to go everywhere in the bus was great and now I had more time to do other stuff, which is why I was able to run more often.
6. I finally got my nose pierced! I had wanted to do this since I was 17 years old, but when I turned 18 I chickened out. Then I got my job at 21 and they were very strict about facial piercings. (They were absolutely not allowed) I finally decided to go for it and went with my sister. It was my bday present to her for her 18th bday.